All of these member benefits are available to our students, professional social workers and our retirees!
Many of you are taking your licensure exams and will need 30 hours of continuing education units (CEUs) in your first three year licensure period. We have some of the best CEUs for free and very reduced costs as a benefit of your NASW memberships:
- MyNASW connects students and professional social workers across our 55 chapters. MyKentucky Community page for Kentucky members is a valuable way to connect with social workers across the country as well as our own page just for our Kentucky members to share ideas, job listings, supervision and private practice information, etc. between Kentucky chapter members: https://mynasw.socialworkers.org/naswky
- Looking for free to very low cost CEU’s? Our 10 FREE Podcast CEU program began during the pandemic and has been such a hit we plan on keeping it active and updated. We offer $10 Ethics (required for our KY licensure) and other free to very inexpensive courses for your licensure that are also very interesting for our student members PLUS free Lunch and Learn CEUs, free webinar CEU's from national that members can enjoy.
- We offer monthly Monday lunch time programs for students and professional social workers to share, network and collaborate! Our next Social Work Support Network is on Monday, October 12, 2020 at 12pm/CDT- 1pm/EST.
- We began our monthly “Courageous Conversation” on Wednesdays beginning in September. Here’s the link to our first program with Ms. Betty Rosemond, one of the Freedom Riders: https://naswky.socialworkers.org/Events Please join us for our second Courageous Conversations presentation on 10.14.20 with Ana Banos!
- Our national NASW website is amazing and has a lot of resources so please check out our NASW Library for your research projects and the free podcast series on our national NASW page: www.socialworkers.org
- InReach is our NASW CEU provider and offers endless possibilities for educational opportunities: https://naswinstitute.inreachce.com/
- Please check out our NASW Facebook page and our additional three Facebook pages for social work students, a closed group for social work students and professionals in recovery, and our latest page for NASW-KY Employment and CEU Opportunities. These are great ways to stay up-to-date on all things NASW-KY, including upcoming events, CEUs, legislative updates, job postings, and so much more: https://www.facebook.com/NASWKentucky/
- We have a very busy and engaged NASW-KY Board of Directors who would love for you to get involved on our board and committees! We have a Legislative and Advocacy Committee, a Social Work Lobby Day Committee that is busy planning our FIRST virtual Lobby Day 2021!